As seen on Gearz with Stacey David. If you're looking for the best and brightest lighting for your car, look no further.
These WHITE "Plasma" LEDs are a direct replacement for 1156 back up light bulb for your 69-70 Cougar or Mustang. (67-68 and 71-73 Cougar/Mustang used bulb 1076 for Backup Lights, see part # 12175)
These Plasma LED bulbs will fit anything you might have that takes an 1156 bulb (or other bulbs with the same base configuration, such as 97 and 1003 bulbs).
Basically good for every car from 1950 to 1990. Will also work in:
- 1967 - 1973 trunk and hood lights (no modifications)
- 1967 - 1968 interior C-pillar "opera" lights (no modifications)
- 1967 - 1969 under-dash sockets (with minimal modifications to the bracket and socket. See pictures below.)
These bulbs also work great as replacements for interior lights and trunk / hood lights.
- Power: 7.5 Watts
- Brightness: 300 Lumens
- Total life expectancy: 30,000 hours
- 2" Tall (1 3/8" extends out of the socket)
- Only 92 degrees fully warmed up
Click the comparison image below for a full-size view.
To use these bulbs as under-dash lights, you need to modify the sockets a little. Here's how: