Headlight relay kit converts the 1967-68 Mercury Cougars with quad or 4 headlights to modern car technology. If your Cougar suffers from dim headlights you are not getting a full battery power to the back of your headlamp bulbs. Safe for use on our vintage cats. Still uses your headlight switch. Instead of carrying reduced voltage to the headlights through the switch, the switch triggers the relay, which takes power directly from the battery.
The Mini Relay Kit has everything you need to add relays to your headlight circuit - without cutting your wiring harness. The differences between this kit and the full kit are redundancy and controller size. This kit has only one controller and uses a wiring harness to control the opposite side. This kit is equivelant to installing relays into your main harness like we did for years, but requires no modification to the wiring harness.
Included in kit: 1 weatherproof controller, plug and play harness, 35A auto-reset circuit breaker, power wire, crimp-on connectors and easy to follow instructions.
- No cutting. The kit is 'plug and play'.
- If the controller goes bad, remove it. The OEM circuit will still work.
- Each 40/60 Amp 12 Volt sealed relay has Negative Spike Protection built into it. This means no spikes or feedback to upset delicate electronics.
- Compact size - controller is only 4"x2"x2".
- Kit comes with 35A circuit breaker to power 4 halogen lamps at 8A each and is auto resetting.
Note: It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the headlight wiring is sufficient to carry the amperage required by the installed lamps.
(5.00 out of 5 stars) Customer Rating based upon 2 Review(s).
Number of questions:
to ask a question.