This product has received the 'Crappy Product' certificate.
Items that receive the 'Crappy Product' certificate are products that we carry for comparison purposes as they are often the version offered by other vendors or because it is the only version available. We would not be willing to use these parts on our own cars, and we do not recommend purchasing these parts.
WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACCEPT RETURNS FOR THESE PARTS.
Product Condition Grades
Below is a general description of what the criteria is for our product condition grades. These are generalizations that are intended to give you an idea of the condition of the product at a quick glance. Because different parts degrade at different rates, there are variances in what the letters represent, please see the products description for details about the condition of any particular product.
A = Excellent / Above Average
B = Average / Some flaws / Good to Excellent Driver Quality
C = Obvious flaws / Poor to Average Driver Quality
D, E, F = Worse, Worser, Worsest
Headlight relay kit converts the 1967-68 Mercury Cougars with quad or 4 headlights to modern car technology (kit also works on 1967-68 Mustang 2 headlight systems). If your Cougar suffers from dim headlights you are not getting a full battery power to the back of your headlamp bulbs. Safe for use on our vintage cars. Still uses your headlight switch. Instead of carrying reduced voltage to the headlights through the switch, the switch triggers the relay, which takes power directly from the battery.
This relay Kit can handle the higher wattage bulbs (up to 100W) which is used outside of the USA.
Included in kit: Two weatherproof controllers, one 40A auto-reset circuit breaker, power wire, crimp-on connectors and easy to follow instructions.
- Easy to install, and no cutting. Plug in the controllers, run a power feed and you're done.
- Redundancy. Each headlight - High, Low, Left, Right has it's own relay and each side has it's own controller.
- Each 40/60 Amp 12 Volt sealed relay has Negative Spike Protection built in. This means no spikes or feedback to upset delicate electronics.
- Each controller contains an internal auto resetting circuit breaker to isolate left and right sides.
- If a controller goes bad, the other controller will continue to power the other side.
- The single feed wire is easily hidden and the controllers can be removed for car shows if desired.
- Compact size - each controller is only 3"x2"x1.5".
- Kit comes with a 40A auto resetting circuit breaker to power up to 4 halogen lamps at 10A each.
Note: It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the headlight wiring is sufficient to carry the amperage required by the installed lamps.