Add this item to your cart to download a free pdf copy of these instructions. On Checkout you will receive a link to download it! We've recreated this document from an original, being careful to keep the layout and font the same.
Not computer savvy? Just click this link for an immediate download:
Plain text version below:
(ATTACHMENT III TO SPECIAL SERVICE LETTER)
Ford Division Service Campaign H-18
Lincoln-Mercury Division Service Campaign C-07
Power Brake Booster Replacement - 1967 Mustang with Power Disc Type Brakes - Booster Kit C
1967 Cougar with Power Disc Type Brakes - Booster Kit K
• Prior to installing a power booster, carefully examine the booster to assure NO
damage has occurred during shipping or handling.
• When installing the booster use care
to prevent hitting the booster input shaft
and guide as this can result in internal damage to the booster.
• Make sure the master cylinder push rod is properly aligned when installing the master
• Do not remove the plastic protector from the booster until ready to install the
- Disconnect (2) hydraulic outlet lines from master cylinder.
- Remove (2) nuts retaining master cylinder to booster and remove master cylinder.
- Disconnect vacuum hoses from booster check valve.
- Remove pushrod from brake pedal, secured by (1) hairpin clip, and disconnect
- brake light switch.
- Remove (4) nuts retaining booster to dash panel.
- Remove (1) bolt retaining booster to dash panel.
- Remove booster from car.
- Obtain replacement booster from carton. Handle carefully. Position booster
- in car and install (1) retaining bolt. Check adjustment of master cylinder push
- rod (refer to Page 2-5 of the 1966 Shop Manual).
- Install (4) retaining nuts.
- Connect pushrod and brake light switch to pedal.
- Position master cylinder and install retaining nuts.
- Connect (2) hydraulic brake lines to master cylinder.
- Connect vacuum hoses to booster check valve.
- Remove front wheel covers.
- Remove front wheel and tire assemblies.
- Bleed complete system. IMPORTANT: Only Extra Heavy Duty Brake Fluid, Part No.
- C6AZ-19542-A OR B, may be used with disc brakes.
- Install wheel and tire assemblies.
- Install wheel covers.
- Start engine and check brake system and booster operation.
Attached to this technical instruction you will find a label to be used in returning
the booster removed from the campaign vehicle involved. It should be affixed to the shipping
label or form in order to assure proper identification of the returned booster.
You should enclose also with the returned booster the #2 or #3 copy of the Form 1864 for
the vehicle corrected. Do not enclose the original. Return the original direct to the
Claims Processing Activity at the General Office.