1967 Cougar Owners:
To view our exploded view interactive diagram of the tilt steering column parts, click here.
OEM style door jamb switch to release tilt/tilt-away columns on a 67, 68 or 69 Mercury Cougar or Ford Mustang.
Here is an excerpt from the 1967 owners manual:
The wheel will swing to the right and up towards the instrument panel whenever the driver opens his door, provided the ignition switch is turned off. When re-entering the vehicle on the drivers side, pull the steering wheel back to the driving position, and the wheel will automatically lock into its previous position, provided the door is closed.
Serves two purposes, allows the wheel to 'swing away' when the ignition is off and the drivers door is opened, and allows the steering wheel to be locked back into position, when the door is closed. A source of vacuum is required to operate the release valve for the release action of the steering column.
This switch was also used as a Courtesy light switch for 7/8* or 29/32* inch mounting holes.
Known courtesy light applications:
- 1967 Cougar
- 1965-67 Ford Mustang
- 1963-67 Full sized Ford such as Custom, 500, Galaxie, and XL models, full sized Mercury such as Monterey, S-55, Montclair, and Park Lane
- 1963-67 Fairlane, 500, XL, Ranchero, and GT
- 1963-68 Mercury Comet, 202, Capri, Caliente, and Cyclone
- 1963-67 Ford Thunderbird, T-Bird, and Landau
- 1963-68 Ford Falcon, Futura, Ranchero
- 1963-67 Lincoln, Continental.
*Please measure your mounting hole before purchasing as a courtesy light switch.
Replaces Ford Part # C3AZ-13713-B, C6OZ-13713-A and C7ZZ-13713-A.
There is an active thread on the Classic Cougar Community Forum discussing tilt columns and trouble shooting.