The D0WY-15A434-LSM LED Side Marker Light Adapter kit is required when the C9WY-13A366-AL or the TS-400 Sequential controller is installed with LED front turn signal and LED side marker bulbs on most 1970 and up Ford vehicles. An adapter is required for each side marker light (4 total). This adapter solves the problem where the side marker voltage feeds back through the front turn signal bulb when the running lights or headlights are turned on. When this happens all the rear bulbs may flash together or it may trigger the opposite side to turn on. It solves this problem by providing a direct ground path for each side marker light. Four LED bulbs (two red and two yellow) are included. These adapters maintain the original Ford factory function of the side maker lights:
1. Light up solid when the headlights or parking lights are on;
2. Flash in unison with the front turn signal when the headlights or parking lights are off;
3. Flash alternating with the front turn signal when the headlights or parking lights on.
WARRANTY: The adapter kit is covered by a limited warranty for two years after purchase. Should the unit fail during this warranty period, it will be repaired or replaced upon prepaid return to your dealer. This limited warranty does not include repair of damage to the unit resulting from accident, disaster, misuse, abuse, unauthorized modifications or any use beyond normal operating conditions. This warranty excludes any coverage for incidental or consequential damages.
1970 Cougar owners: This is one of the components that you'll need in order to use our Plasma LED taillight bulbs in your car with the sequential turn signal system.
Here's a bit of helpful information from our supplier:
If just the rear tail light bulbs are changed to Plasma LED bulbs, the system will work correctly as long as the controller/flashers are the LED compatible.
The problem is the way the 1970-71 side marker lights are grounded through the front turn signal bulb element.
If 1157 bulbs are retained up front, incandescent side marker lights will light up correctly and the LED sequential controller will ignore the feedback voltage caused by the unique grounding setup.
If the side marker lights are changed to LED, the side marker light adapters are required.
If the front bulbs are changed to LED, the side marker light adapters are required because the front LED bulbs get switched on by the side marker light ground current.
1. Turn off the engine and ignition for safety.
2. Twist to unplug the existing side marker light socket and remove the bulb.
3. Insert the side marker light adapter plug into the factory socket. Use electrical tape to make a water tight connection around the plug and socket.
4. Mount adapter near or on the side marker light housing using wire ties or insulated cushion clamps.
5. For rear side marker lights, locate a tail light housing stud within reach of the ground wire lug. Secure the ground lug to the stud using the KEPS nut supplied. For front side marker lights, locate a body ground screw or bolt location within reach of the black ground wire lug. Secure ground lug to the body for electrical ground using the supplied external tooth washer.
6. Insert the LED side marker bulb into the new socket. The bulbs are polarized – match the black mark to the black wire. Make sure the LED bulb is inserted securely. Test both the running lights and turn signal to make sure the connections are good. The bulb may need to be adjusted for the wire leads to make a good connection.
7. Insert and twist the socket into side marker housing.
8. Repeat for each of the adapters.
9. Test for correct functionality prior to driving the vehicle.
(4.75 out of 5 stars) Customer Rating based upon 5 Review(s).
Number of questions:
to ask a question.