The D1WY-15A434-LSM LED Side Marker Light Adapter kit is required when the C9WY-13A366-AL or the TS-400 Sequential controller is installed with LED front turn signal and rear LED side marker bulbs on 1971-72 Cougars and other Ford vehicles with two rear side marker lights. An adapter is required for each rear side marker light (2 total). This adapter solves the problem where the side marker voltage feeds back through the front turn signal bulb when the running lights or headlights are turned on. When this happens all the rear bulbs may flash together or it may trigger the opposite side to turn on. It solves this problem by providing a direct ground path for each side marker light. Two red LED bulbs are included. These adapters maintain the original Ford factory function of the side maker lights:
1. light up solid when the headlights or parking lights are on;
2. flash in unison with the front turn signal when the headlights or parking lights are off;
3. flash alternating with the front turn signal when the headlights or parking lights on.
WARRANTY: The adapter kit is covered by a limited warranty for two years after purchase. Should the unit fail during this warranty period, it will be repaired or replaced upon prepaid return to your dealer. This limited warranty does not include repair of damage to the unit resulting from accident, disaster, misuse, abuse, unauthorized modifications or any use beyond normal operating conditions. This warranty excludes any coverage for incidental or consequential damages.
1971-1972 Cougar owners: This is one of the components that you'll need in order to use our Plasma LED taillight bulbs in your car with the sequential turn signal system.
Weight: 0.50 LBS
1. Turn off the engine and ignition for safety.
2. Twist to unplug the existing rear side marker light socket and remove the bulb.
3. Insert the side marker light adapter plug into the factory socket. It doesn't matter which way the adapter is plugged in. Use electrical tape around the plug and socket to secure the adapter to the original socket.
4. Attach the adapter ground to one of the rear quarter extension housing studs using the supplied KEPS nut. Using either an 1” insulated cushion clamp or wire ties, mount the adapter.
5. Insert the LED side marker bulb into the new socket. The bulbs are polarized – match the black mark to the black wire. Make sure the LED bulb is inserted securely. Test both the running lights and turn signal to make sure the connections are good. The bulb may need to be adjusted for the wire leads to make a good connection.
6. Insert and twist the socket into side marker housing.
7. Repeat for each of the adapters.
8. Test for correct functionality prior to driving the vehicle.
(4.75 out of 5 stars) Customer Rating based upon 2 Review(s).
Number of questions:
to ask a question.